Sweet cantaloupe wrapped in salty Serrano ham is such a classic combination, utterly delicious, and so simple. Here, I've added buffalo mozzarella into the mix, to make an even more unctuous bite-sized snack, perfect for summer entertaining.
These were devoured at my house in minutes, so I'd suggest making a big batch if you're entertaining a crowd... They're very popular!
Makes around 40 bite sized canapes
- 1 cantaloupe (rockmelon)
- 5oz Serrano ham or Prosciutto (around 10 rashers)
- 10oz buffalo mozzarella
- Cut the cantaloupe into 1" cubes, discarding the seeds and skin.
- Roughly tear the ham so each rasher divides into 4 pieces.
- Roughly tear the mozzarella into bite sized peices.
- Assemble each canape by starting with the melon, adding a chunk of mozarella, and a parcel of ham on top. Then secure with a toothpick.
- Any toothpicks will do the job, but I used these bamboo skewers because I like their rustic look.
- These canapes are best assembled shortly before serving, as they're nice and juicy. However, you can certainly prepare the cantaloupe in advance, up to a night before, which saves a lot of time when it comes to assembly.