Rosie gave Justin this set of four cocktail bitters for Father'd Day, and he has been enthusiastically experimenting with them over the last few days, while I have been enthusiastically taste testing his creations ;-)
We have some really exciting new cocktail recipes to share over the coming weeks, in time for the longer summer nights ahead, including 'Bumblemousse' - a dusk colored martini made with freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice, ginger, and cardamon bitters.
The flavors work so well together, and it's totally unique. It would be absolutely perfect served at a bridal shower, or garden party. It does call for some specific ingredients, but if you're passionate about cocktails these items are all good additions to your bar cart. And in case you're wondering, the name Bumblemousse was inspired by the French word for grapefruit, 'Pamplemousse'!
Makes 1 cocktail
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce gin
- ½ ounce ginger syrup
- ½ ounce pink grapefruit liqueur
- 2 dashes cardamon bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake, then strain through a sieve to remove any pulp from the fresh fruit juice.
- Serve in a martini glass.