We eat scrambled eggs for breakfast many mornings a week. It's one of those dishes that everyone in our family likes. Plus, we (almost) always have eggs in the fridge, it's quick, easy, and a pretty wholesome way to start the day.
Then I discovered truffle salt... This one ingredient simply transforms everyday eggs into a wonderfully gourmet experience. Oh how our mornings have improved!
An important note - you can't substitute the truffle salt for truffle oil; we've tried it, and it doesn't work. Truffle salt is much more subtle, and less cloying, that it's oily counterpart.
- 4-5 quality eggs - the best organic, free range, farm fresh eggs you can get your hands on
- Knob of butter
- Generous pinch of truffle salt
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, and whisk until completely combined. I like to crack each egg into a cup first, and transfer the eggs individually to the bowl. This way if you have a spoiled egg, or a piece of shell, you don't contaminate the whole batch.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat until it's a little frothy.
- Pour in the eggs, and season with truffle salt.
- Use a spatula to gently move and fold the egg mixture around the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat just before the eggs cooked to your liking, as the eggs will continue to cook a little more once off the heat and you don't want them overdone.
- How easy was that? Now serve with buttered toast and enjoy!