Entertaining over the holidays doesn't need to be about fiddly food prep. I'm a fan of simple, delicious appetizers that satisfy gourmet taste-buds, but don't cause stress in the kitchen when you should be having fun and socializing with your guests.
This delicious canapé is a great alternative to a cheese board, and the combination of blue cheese and fig jam is a classic, crowd pleasing favorite.
It's so easy to prepare. It uses just 3 store bought ingredients, involves no cooking, is served at room temperature, and can be assembled a few hours before your guests arrive.
- French baguette - I used sourdough.
- Blue cheese - I love Roquefort, Saint Agur, and Stilton, but any blue cheese will work.
- Fig jam - this one is lovely, and makes a good hostess gift too!
- Cut the baguette into 1/2" thick slices and discard the ends.
- Toast the slices, then set aside on a metal rack to cool.
- Smother in a dollop of fig jam, and top with a piece of blue cheese. That's it!